12/31/2013

New Year's Resolutions

Now it's the time you can see new year's resolutions everywhere, because "new year, new you" is the main thought everyone has. I like to think that way as well, but to be honest the fact that it's 1st January doesn't mean that it would be any different to all the other days as an opportunity to start over. I like have a "new beginning" every time I feel like I need it, and it might be better to start and "get back on track" immediately and not when there's that "magical day". Anyway, it's always better to start and make commitments at least on the New Year's Day than to not do anything. I'm sure there are lots of people like me who intend to make some kind of a change, big or small, to make the commencing year even better and I'm so proud of all of you! :) 

Nyt on taas se aika kun kaikkialla tehdään uuden vuoden lupauksia, koska tarkoittaahan uusi vuosi uutta alkua. Itsekin tykkään ajatella niin, mutta välillä tulee ajatelleeksi, että minkä takia uusi alku ei voi olla mikä tahansa päivä? Loppujen lopuksi ei ole varsinaista eroa minä päivänä päättää aloittaa uudelleen. Ja onhan se parempi "palata ruotuun" heti eikä vasta sitten kun se maaginen uusi vuosi tulee. Kuitenkin on parempi tehdä hyviä päätöksiä ainakin uutena vuotena, kuin olla tekemättä yhtään mitään. Oon ihan varma, että monet aikovat tehdä saman kuin minä, eli pyrkiä jonkinlaiseen muutokseen kun vuosi 2014 alkaa. Joten onnea kaikille entistäkin parempaan pyrkiville - oon ylpeä teistä! :) 

My biggest resolution this year will be to focus on having always a positive attitude, no matter what comes along. It's incredible how much power one's mind has so why not use that power effectively to achieve happiness and even the biggest dreams one has. After all, happiness is a state of mind and the difference between successful and unsuccessful people is that the successful ones never give up. :)I'm also planning to try new things, meet new people and try to push myself away from my comfort zone, since I've noticed how I always try to stick to the "safe" things. Wish me luck! 

Suurin päätökseni tänä vuonna on keskittyä positiiviseen asenteeseen elämän ylä- ja alamäissä. Ihmismieli pystyy ihmeellisesti vaikuttamaan kaikkeen mitä tapahtuu, joten miksi ei käyttää vaikutusvaltansa hyvin onnellisuuden ja unelmien tavoitteluun? Loppujen lopuksi onnellisuus on mielentila ja menestyvien keskeisin luonteenpiirre on se, että he eivät koskaan luovuta. Yritän myös päästä eroon turhasta turvallisuuden kaipuusta ja samalla tutustua uusiin ihmisiin ja tehdä uusia asioita. Toivottavasti se onnistuu! :) 

Of course I have to have some health-related goals as well. However, instead of specific goals I want to focus on nourishing and using my body the way it deserves to be nourished and used. Why should I use my body as a waste bin or not use it to it's full potential? So instead of focusing on the calories or anything else like that, I want to focus on what's good for my body. 

Tietysti pitää olla myös jokin terveyteen liittyvä tavoite ja mulla se on tarkkojen tavoitteiden sijaan ravita ja käyttää kroppaani niin kuin se ansaitsee. Miksi käyttäisin sitä kuin roskakorina enkä hyödyntäisi kroppani koko potentiaalia? Aion siis kaloreitten ja mittojen sijaan keskittyä siihen, mikä on hyvä vartalolleni ja lopettaa sen laiminlyöminen. 

 I'll see how these resolutions work out, but right now I'm very motivated to make 2014 an even better year :) Good luck for everyone planning to do the same and happy new year! 

Saa nähdä miten pystyn nämä päätökset pitämään, mutta tällä hetkellä olen ainakin todella motivoitunut tekemään ensivuodesta entistäkin paremman :) Onnea matkaan kaikille jotka aikovat tehdä saman ja hyvää uutta vuotta!

No comments: